Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Done with Insanity

Well, almost.

I am on the last week of the Insanity program, but I won't technically finish it.  Tomorrow is my last day, because I will be out of town for the holidays and I'm not bringing the disks with me.  When it's all said and done, here are my results.

Starting weight: 193
Ending weight (as of 5am 11/26): 176
Total weight loss: 17 pounds

My diet hasn't been strict, but it hasn't been out of control either.  I'll tell you what though, the second half of the program is TOUGH!  They aren't messing around.  The bad part (for me) is that they are all about an hour long.  And that puts my only real option for exercise at 4:30am.  I can do the workouts, and still get ready for work in the morning and make it on time.  This also frees up the evenings to spend time with my family.

But wait, there's more!  If you act now, you can keep reading this!

We already have the next program.  We'll be starting Focus T-25 when we get back.  I'll try to post more often about that one, since it'll be a whole new program.  I'm excited to do this one, because the workouts are 25 minutes long.

No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's coming up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart rate going, not even a mouse on a wheel.  7's the key number here.  Think about it. 7-elevens. 7 dwarves. 7 man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirling on a branch, eating lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreaming about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time baby.  

lol. Anyway. Still a long way to go to feel like I am getting the results that I want.  It's a good start though.  I didn't do Insanity at 100% either.  I skipped some day on the weekends, and there were some days where I was really tired and probably could have pushed harder.  Repetitiveness in the workouts is a very big danger in these, because it's easy to get bored with them.  But sticking with it and finishing them up is a good feeling.

I don't usually like posting pictures of myself, but here are a couple before/afters We'll see what I can do with the next program.


No comments: