Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Day 1 - Continued

Time to continue the first day. I didn't realize how long the previous post was until after I posted. Hopefully I'll keep this one a little smaller. Lets see...ah yes. When we got back to the hotel, we tried to figure out where we were going to go for dinner. We were both a little full from the brunch and the snacks we just had. Plus I was still feeling the half cake we had ate the night before.

Oh yah. About that. You know how we took the top layer of the cake? Yea, we ate half of that when we got to the hotel that night. haha. It was GREAT! Banana cake with a Kahlua Carmel filling. In my best Homer Simpson voice....MMMMM. Banana cake. UUGGHHGLLGHG. Not sure how you'd actually spell that.

Anyway, around 7 or so we finally decided on Capital Grill. We called down to see if we needed reservations and they said no. So we walked on down since it was only a couple blocks away. They sat us in a nice little booth and we browsed the menu. Mmmm...everything looked great. Kaitlyn ordered a filet with a courvoisier cream sauce and I ordered a dry aged sirloin. Oh my, they were fantastic. I also ordered a 2 lb side of king crab legs. Again. Fantastic. =)

By the end of the meal, we were stuffed. Kaitlyn wanted to get a to go box for her half a bite of steak and one mushroom. haha. We headed back to the hotel and tried to eat some more of the cake. I'll tell you, it's not as good when it has been in the fridge. We decided to call it an early night, because we hadn't really even started packing for our trip. So it was going to be a busy day tomorrow. Plus I had spent a lot of the weekend trying to look for a new MP3 player. But more on that later...

No comments: