Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

A day of flying

As I am sitting here watching the Seahawks game, I figured I would write some stories.

So we depart Seattle at 9:30pm. We have been up since about 8:00am. We're sitting in first class. That was part of the requirement for me. I'm not a fan of sitting in coach, even for a couple hour flight. This was about a 6 hour flight. I am kind of hoping that I can sleep a little bit, but I have this problem with sleeping on a plane. I don't know what it is. Perhaps I am slightly conscience about people stealing my stuff. I know that wouldn't happen, but you never know.

We get up to cruising altitude and I get ready to turn on the music. But then they come by with the digi player thing. It's a little portable movie player. I decided to watch The Forbidden Kingdom. Kaitlyn watched What Happens in Vegas and The Happening. The Forbidden Kingdom was alright, it was slightly entertaining. Typical Jackie Chan movie (as far as his part goes) and Jet Li was pretty good.

After the movie, I decided to play a few of my games. This wasn't really helping my "trying to sleep" cause, but I just couldn't do it. Next thing I know, we are starting our decent into Miami. it is about 5:30 am local time. We finally deboard around 6:00am. We have one checked bag and I am a little weary about our bag actually meeting us in St. Lucia. Our flight doesn't leave for another 5 hours. We are both pretty tired, but at least Kaitlyn got to sleep a little on the plane.

So we've got 5 hours to kill at the airport. We head over to our gate and just wait. Kaitlyn is able to sleep in the chair while leaning on me. But I still can't fall asleep. If I can't sleep on the plane, I sure as heck wouldn't be able to at the airport. Eventually, I end up moving to the floor. I can't sit for 5 hours in a chair, at least on the floor I can stretch out. I feel like I can fall asleep, so I kind of put all our bags behind us and wrap my leg around my backpack. haha. I did eventually fall asleep for a bit. Just a quick power nap. The area around the gate was starting to fill up, so I stayed up the rest of the time. Our flight is supposed to leave at around 11:00am. And it's almost time.

No comments: