Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

I know that Kaitlyn had mentioned it a few weeks ago, but I probably just forgot about it. This past weekend, it had begun. Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale. I came into work on Friday and one of the girls that works here came in later and said she had already been over there in Bellevue and that it was packed. This was before 8 am. I went on my day, knowing that we would be going over after I picked up Kaitlyn.

Now, I don't mind going shopping with Kaitlyn. I know that some husbands don't like it and...well, whatever. I don't mind it. It isn't usually my suggestion, but I go along with her. She always puts up with my stupid crap that I like to do. So off we go to the Bellevue store and I am surprised to find a relatively empty parking lot. I thought maybe this would be okay after all.


We get up to the front of the store and it is like everything changes as soon as you walk past the 'tell everyone in the world that you stole something' things. There are people everywhere. Running around, knocking over mannequins trying to get the last piece of clothing that is available. I think I saw one lady kick a little kid down the escalator because it was taking the last pair of socks. I think. That might not have happened.


(That's me in the background). Anyway, we start walking our way in. Kaitlyn asks where we should go first. I already know the answer, and I know she does too. Shoes. I gotta tell ya, those shoe guys...they have a lot of patience. I don't think I could do it. Dealing with some of the people that I saw, it was crazy. I think I'd have to stab them in the face with their stupid shoe that obviously doesn't fit. What the hell is with that? Why try to force yourself into a shoe 4 sizes too small just because you want to say you wear a size 6. No one really cares that you have Bigfoot feet. Just wear the shoes that fit.

These nice people find some person that is looking at the shoes and ask if they need any help. It's almost like they are protective of the shoes that they have accumulated in their little corner, and they will fight off anyone that comes close to them.



In all actuality, there are some pretty good deals. And by pretty good deals, I mean they only have the markup at 27% instead of 89%. Kaitlyn found some good stuff. I just don't care enough about clothes to really make it worth it. Plus, all the cool stuff that I would have bought wasn't even eligible anyway. I would have found me a new Tag Heuer watch, but the watch guy there told me that I suck and I should slap myself in the face for thinking that these watches would be on sale.

It does kinda make me wish there was an equivalent sale for car parts. Comptech Anniversary sale! ASM Anniversary sale! Now our wide body kit only costs $6000, instead of 10K. That would be sweet.

No comments: