Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 3, with nutrition information.

Today was officially day 3 of the insanity workout, although it was only the second huge workout. Oh man, today was just as tough. There was a little more 'strength' workouts involved today..including some pushups and stuff. I really wish I could describe the workouts more...but it's tough to really explain just how intense they are.

I'm hoping that the results in 60 days will show it. I definitely see the need to eat more. Here's a typical meal for me during the day.

Breakfast - oatmeal with raisins and an orange.
Morning snack - fruit cup and yogurt, string cheese, Snack crackers with assorted lunch meat.
Lunch - sandwich or wrap including lunch meat, lettuce, tomato, cucumber. an apple and some mixed nuts.
afternoon snack - fruit cup, string cheese, english muffin with peanut butter and banana
dinner - Picante chicken, peas and carrots and a salad.

All that combined is A LOT of food, but it keeps me around 2500 calories. I am a little concerned that it is too high to get the results I want...but it was actually calculated out to 2800. So I decided to drop own a bit to see how it goes. I am going to monitor my energy level during the workouts and adjust my calorie intake as needed. Overall my daily numbers are in good shape. 69g of fat (85% recommended daily allowance), 206mg cholesterol (55%). My sodium is high at 4444mg, but I drink enough water to balance that out...I average at least 130oz of water a day. Carbs is at 336g (90%). I could try to lower this value, as this is where the stomach area is effected most. Fiber is high at 53g (170%), but not a big deal. Protein is at 155g (248%) but i need that. My sugars are at 188g, but almost all of it is from the fruit.

We'll see how this goes. Like I said, I worry that I'm eating too much and won't be able to lose the stomach area that I want to do. But, I think I can adjust what I eat and cut down on the carbs which again comes mostly from the fruit and breads.

Till next time.

No comments: