Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Insanity - Pure Cardio

Tonight was the Pure Cardio workout. Holy crap. This total length is about 35 minutes. After the 10-15 minute warmup, it was pretty much 20 minutes straight. No breaks unless you take them on your own. Which I did. There wasn't any crazy moves or anything like that...but it was just non stop and really worked you out. Definitely a good workout though.

I'm finding that there isn't as much to write about as there was with p90x. There really isn't any 'gains' like there were in the last one. I'm not moving up in weights or anything like that. All I can really do is just push myself as hard as I can to keep doing the moves. On the ones that aren't muscle intensive (like sitting in a squat for 60 seconds), I really try to dig deeper and stick it out. But there are some where my legs are just on fire and actually start to cramp up. I try really hard to get past the muscle pain, but when they start to cramp, that's when I take a break.

Tomorrow we will complete our first week. This one is only 8 weeks long, so it'll probably go pretty quick.

No comments: