Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

p90x redux.

I was thinking about the last time that actually exercised.  My daughter is 15 months old now, and I stopped exercising after my wife was pregnant.  It's been about 2 years since I actually did any sort of physical work.  Unless you count running about a mile to the bus stop to catch the bus, and then trying to convince myself to not vomit the whole way home or die from hyperventilation.  Oh there was another time about a year ago that can only be classified as a brisk walk, which resulted in cramps by the time I got to the bus, and stabbing cold pains in my chest.

I am out of shape.  No doubt about it.  The first time I did p90x, I saw pretty good results.  After we completed that program, we moved to Insanity.  Two very different programs, but I feel p90x is a good stepping boulder to getting back into exercise.  In fact, you can see my original posts somewhere on this blog.  So tomorrow morning I start it up again.

My vitals are about the same as the first time.  ~190 pounds depending on how much ice cream I've eaten in the last n hours.  Being 5'8" ish, most scales say my ideal weight should be 160.  I don't think that is where I want to be, but my goal out of this is to lose 25 pounds.

My diet has already changed mostly due to gluten allergies.  But I am going further and really doing a better diet.  No slipping or cheats (once I finish all the 'bad' foods that I currently have).  But there are a lot of things that I can give up now.  Soda, which I don't really drink now anyway.  Coffee, various snacks, etc.

I don't know if I will post every day again like I did.  My previous posts were done as more of a review on the actual program.  But I will probably have some random things to say about it, so i'll post them here.  Unless anyone is interested in some details on the program.  Let me know and i'll write it up.

I took pictures but I'm not going to post them yet.  I'll probably do a before/after when I'm done.  Plus, I take stupid pictures.

No comments: