Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Exercise...To the extreme

I rock a mic like a vandal. Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.

What a dumb song.

Quick one tonight.  I didn't get a chance to work out this morning.  We had errands to run and swim class this afternoon.  The classes were a half hour behind schedule.  When out class finally started, no one had shown up for the next class so we just kept going until the next one.  Bonus!

When we got home, I had tried to convince myself that the swim class was a good enough workout for today.  But considering my daughter is only 15 months old and we don't really do a lot of actual swimming, I decided to suck it up and just do a workout tonight.

This last week I've been doing p90x.  It's a good and very challenging program, but I feel like it just isn't giving me the workout I really want.  The weights are good, and i push myself with the weight level, but I was a good workout.  So, in all my infinite wisdom I decided that I will switch it up tonight and start Insanity.

Now, if you're unfamiliar with Insanity...it is a pure cardio program.  High intensity, long interval training.  It incorporates some muscle toning routines...like pushups and stuff.  But there are no weights.  Here is a promo video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W-aNTrq_a4

It truly does kick your butt. It's such a good workout though, and exactly what I wanted.  I'll admit that I took more breaks than they did, but I pushed through and did what I could.  I remember the first time we did this one, and I seriously felt like I was going to puke half way through it...and we had already finished p90x.  Tonight I felt the same.  I know I wasn't pushing as hard as the first time though.

I think I am going to stick with Insanity for this week.  I might switch the two programs weekly.  Do weights one week, do intense cardio the next.  I think that will be a good break up in the intensity while also switching up the muscles.

That's all for tonight.  Go Seahawks!

No comments: