Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

p90x day 2

Today was day 2. Plyometrics. All I can say is oh my gosh. Lets start with results from yesterday. My upper back is a bit sore from some of the workouts. If I move certain ways, then I can feel different parts of my body that are sore. That said, I've been in FAR worse pain before when it comes to working out. This pain is manageable, which really only tells me that I can press harder.

So as I said today was Ploymetrics. The p90x plyometrics is basically an hour of squats and jumps and stuff...and then occasionally the guy comes out of the TV and kicks you in the balls. This one was definitely tough. We made it through, but half way I was already getting that 'I'm gonna vomit soon' feeling, but I was able to push through it. I definitely had to modify most of the workouts. I still have caution about knee problems that I've had in the past, so I didn't want to press too hard too early.

But I can for sure see where the improvement is available in these workouts. It is going to be very easy to be able to increase the intensity. Even something as simple as raising your arms over your head during some of workouts makes it tougher. So I'm excited to be able to do that. As I said, it was mostly squats tonight, and I modified them to some extent. There were some that involved some jumping, and I modified those by stepping into the squats instead of jumping. I'm hoping that eventually I'll be able to do those the way they were intended.

Again though, it feels so good to be working out again.

No comments: