Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

p90x - day 9 & 10

I forgot to write about Plyometrics last night. Holy crap, that is a killer. I do feel like I worked harder this week than last, so that's good. But man, that is one intense workout. I tried to concentrate on doing better squats and lunges, two things that have been my downfall in the past. It's an awesome feeling though when we finish it, which makes it totally worth it.

Tonight was shoulders and arms again. Remember the 20# weights I got last weekend? It was time to use them. And oh my goodness I was ambitious. I tried to stick with the 20# weights for as much as I could. I had to go back to 10# for some of the shoulder lifts. But otherwise I really tried to stick with the 20#. I was failing somewhere around 10 reps, so I feel like I improved. Last week I was able to be in the 15 range for a lot of them without really feeling pressed.

I am hoping that the 20# will at least last me another couple of weeks, but I have a feeling that it will quickly become too little for some of these workouts. That's when I'll have to decide to move up again. Time to keep checking yard sales and clearance stores. (Like where I found my 20# weight for $20).

It was a good workout night tonight. Tomorrow is yoga, so I'm hoping that it will be nice to do some stretching a bit, but it definitely won't be a resting night.

No comments: