Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

p90x - Start of week 3

I forgot to post about the end of week 2. kenpo. For some reason I felt like I didn't work as hard on Saturday. It kinda got me down because I feel like I failed that day. My heart rate was lower than the week before. I guess that just means i need to step it up next time. Sunday was our rest day.

Today was Chest and Back and Ab ripper. When looking at my reps this week, they were lower than the previous two weeks. However, I think this is because I was really trying to concentrate on my form. Just because I write down 15 pull-ups, doesn't really mean that I did 15 GOOD pull-ups. So almost across the board on my pull-ups and push-ups, they were lower than previously. But, I feel good about it. I definitely feel it in my shoulders, and we going until I failed (which on average was around 8 reps). On the couple of exercises that required weights, I doubled up. Since the highest I have right now is 20, i held a 20 and a 10 in one hand. Luckily the exercise was only one arm at a time.

Ab ripper is still amazing. Looking back at the first week, I notice that the pain in my lower back on the first few moves has lessened. Which is good. For some reason today, my hips were really hurting. Which is odd because there aren't really any movements that require my hips. I think it might have come from the push-ups though, since I was really working on my form I might have stressed on my hips a little too much. Hopefully I'll see an improvement there. We don't do this chest and back routine until week 9 again, so that is where we'll really see if there is any improvement.

No comments: