Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

p90x Day 4 - Yoga!

I have always thought that yoga was a waste of time and only done by hippies.

Oooooohhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

So, today's workout was yoga. I'm not totally sold on it yet, however I was often surprised at just how hard some of these poses are. There were some times where I was sweating more than I was during the Plyometrics day. And then other times where I felt bored. The whole workout was about 90 minutes which when it started seemed like WAY too long for a bunch of stretches. But it actually went relatively quick.

There is a lot of balance involved in yoga that I didn't realize was needed. There were some poses that I just couldn't maintain. Either I just lost my balance, or because I couldn't hold the pose for that long. Some of the stretches really felt good though. The thing with this is that I can't quite see where the improvement will be. With the other exercises, I can see where I can improve the weights or do more reps. But with yoga...what do I do? Stretch straighter? Stretch longer?

There was a couple poses though that are quite impressive that they were able to hold that long. Like the crane. You've probably seen it. You put your hand on the ground and tuck your knees at your elbows, and then lift your feet off the ground. That one takes a lot more strength I think. And the bridge. I can actually do it without any problems, but I can't hold it for that long because my wrists fail after about 10 seconds. These guys were holding it for like 30 or 40 seconds. Crazy.

Anyway, That's yoga. It's tough to not stop the video at the boring parts. Luckily as soon as it starts getting boring, they throw in a new part that takes more energy. Overall, it was a good calming workout.

No comments: