Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Core Synergistics

I am going to stop saying rest week. Tonight was hard, no doubt about it. In fact, tonight is the first time that I actually feel exhausted. For instance, the first time we did Plyo I definitely felt tired and had a great workout. But tonight I feel like I just don't have the energy to do anything. At the same time, I know we had a great workout.

So, tonight was the Core Synergistics workout. This is pretty much all core work...focusing from the hips to the chest. Being that this was the first time going through this workout, there were a few places that I struggled because we didn't know the moves or because they were just really hard. I did try really hard to make sure my core was engaged. That's going to help more, kinda like how I try to squeeze my butt when we do squats.

So anyway, the workout was hard. Some of the moves from yesterday...like Superman Banana. I don't think that will ever get easier. Oh, and the Dreya Roll. OMG, that is a difficult move. I just do not have the core strength to pop myself back up. I guess that's why we're doing this, right? Even when using my hands to help get myself back up, I just couldn't pop up like they were doing. So that is going to be a good place to improve.

I can definitely feel my core being a little sore already, which at least means I was flexing where I needed to. So that's good. The workouts for the rest of the week, we've already seen them so we at least will know the workouts. We do this workout again on Friday, so we'll see where I can improve.

No comments: