Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

p90x - legs and back

Tonight was legs and back night. I've had good success with this day in the past, but tonight was really tough. I've had knee and ankle problems for pretty much my entire walking life. I have little cartilage in my ankles, and what I do have is very weak and littered with scar tissue. In high school, I started having tearing issues in my achilles tendon when I was doing track. I've done rehab to try and strengthen the ankles. I've done Graston Therapy to help break up my scar tissue in my knees and ankles. It has all helped a little, but I will always have problems.

Tonight was one of those nights where everything just flares up. So I really had to be careful and modify. There were some of the squats that I just skipped because the movements just wouldn't happen. And...my balance was ridiculous tonight. I couldn't balance for anything. I knew right away when I started feeling that tingling and warming sensation in my ankles that it was going to be a rough night.

I did all the pullups tonight. And I did squats whenever I could. But instead of doing the 25 reps that they were doing, I might have just done 5. It was rough though. Even still now...a few hours later, my knees are on fire. It's nothing out of the ordinary though, and all will be fine tomorrow. But it takes a lot out of me and I really feel like I didn't get that good of a workout. But at the same time, at least it was just legs and back. Nothing against this particular workout, but this one is one of the lower priority ones. But I do think that this will help with my strengthening. Maybe it is time to start my rehab program again.

No comments: