Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

p90x - yoga. Oh...Yoga.

I think I've figured it out. Yoga is definitely not something for people with ADD. Now, I've never actually been clinically diagnosed with ADD, but it's there. haha. But I think that's it. I just don't have the attention to make it through. Especially when all the moves are pretty much the same thing, just getting there is slightly different. If I force myself to focus, I do fine. But I lose that focus really quickly. And that is horrible for yoga. With all the other workouts, we're doing something different within a minute or so. With yoga, it's the same cycle of chattanooga and the dog stuff and then the war poses.

I try. I really do try to stay focused and do it. And when I do, I really do get a good workout. I just lose focus so quickly. It's not my fault!! haha.

So, we only did half of the workout tonight. But it was the good half. The first half is all the war stuff and squats. The rest are all the crazy moves that only the pros can do. So at least we do that. I'm trying really hard to not swap out the yoga disk for the cardio disk, but I think it's coming. I'm trying to really make sure we make it through the first pass without subbing out a workout. And while the yoga day is almost like a rest day, I still feel like I want more of a workout. I just haven't got into it yet.

The good news is, we've almost completed week 6. And I can actually see some improvement in some of the moves. Like when you're in the downer dog and you have to bring a foot up to your hands. When we first started, I couldn't do that move. Now, I find that I can bring my foot all the way up on the first try. And all the warrior poses, I feel I can actually do them correctly now. So at least there is that. :)

No comments: